Thursday, November 8, 2012

Hogwarts, A History


Hogwarts truly presents a brief history of me. Harry Potter was my obsession growing up. I began reading the first book when I was 11...the same age Harry was when he found out he was a wizard. I read the books repeated, watched the movies constantly, and still have long conversations with one of my best friends about the various inner workings hidden in Hogwarts.

It only seemed appropriate that my first major cross stitching venture should be into the world of Harry Potter. I took on the Hogwarts Crest.


Thinking back, I probably should have started with a bookmark or something. I had practiced a little on an old stamped kit from my aunt, but decided counted cross stitching was the place to be after my kitten wasn't turning out so hot.

I began in the center with the "H" and realized this was probably going to be a lot bigger than I ever imagined.

But I kept going...




And going...


 

Until I realized that the top of the pattern from little mojo was not going to fit on my Aida cloth. By about...10 rows. Not much in the grand scheme of things. But I'd come too far to stop now.






I actually like it better this way. It took about a year.
But I feel like it was worth it.






So what projects have you been working on? Have there been any "mistakes" that turned out for the best?

No comments:

Post a Comment