Monday, November 12, 2012

It's Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas!



Christmas is my absolute favorite time of year! And I learned the hard way last year that if I want to be able to give my friends and family homemade gifts...I need to start much earlier than Thanksgiving. I improved my record from last year by about a month and started with a little embroidered Christmas ornament.

I started with a beautiful pattern from www.needlethread.com:
Then I imported it into Microsoft Word and overlaid a grid, making it a little more user-friendly.


Next came the question of how I was going to bring this perfectly Christmas-y pattern into real life. I attempted cross stitching, but the didn't come out as cleanly as I had hoped. So then I started over and outlined the shapes in back stitch, filling in later with a satin stitch. 



I still have some lines to clean up, but overall I'm very pleased with the finished look. Are you planning any holiday projects this year? Share in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment